was being built during Mozart's time (1777 / 1778) (completion in 1779). Currently closed due to general renovation. To be reopened in January 2007
Church of the castle (Schlosskirche)
Every Sunday and public holiday there was celebrated Mass with the participation of the court music ( "the Mannheim court orchestra"). The musicians had their place in front over the high altar on the great musicians stage, which had been destroyed in 1943 and not reconstructed after the second world war. Mozart visited regularly the court church services.
Right next to the entrance hangs a plaque.
At that time property of the Baron von Sickingen (now town library with music library)
Commemorative plaque for Mozart's visit on the left of the main entrance
Hotel / Inn Pfälzischer Hof
Mozart and his mother stayed here from October 30 until mid December of 1777. Now there is a large clothing store. Commemorative plaque with reference to W. A. Mozart